Time to have a conversation with the strong ones!


Hello folks💝,

I sincerely hope you are enjoying your week, it's Thursday😏, hang in there, I see Friyay!🙋


A friend from about nine years ago called me last week. Even though we had a lot to catch up on, by the end of the call, I was feeling quite sad. We talked about a lot of things that had happened in our lives, even though I was glad we had reconnected after a long absence. She was this "I've got it all under control" kind of girl. I felt bad that I wasn't there to participate in her joy when it happened and to provide a sympathetic ear when she needed it. There was, in my opinion, a feeling of reciprocity.

It is crucial we value people in our lives, especially if they are the genuine kind. The question is when last did you speak to that strong/well-organized buddy/sister or brother? you see those strong ones? Omo, give it to them o, as they have "a lot"(in-house joke) going on. So why don't you check on them, even if it's only to ask them, "How are you doing," rather than making assumptions about them or even condemning them for abandoning you? When one of my in-law sisters asked me that line while I was going through a very trying moment, it did a lot of healing for me. Although, I kept my feelings to myself and didn't share them with her.

If you think you are going through a lot, remember that comedy skit that has someone that was “the alot" in it??? 😂😂Why not make it a routine to talk to or phone someone anytime you have thought about them? you can have conversations with them and just say,


How are you doing today?

I have been thinking about you!

How may I be of assistance?

Is everything okay? would you like to share it with me?

I am always here whenever you need me


In order to be there for our loved ones when they need us, we all need to be able to communicate effectively. Please share any other methods you use in the comments below. My dear, e no easy o, we are all living on God's grace and mercy.


Las las  we go dey aii!💪😊

Comments

  1. Wow u look so amazing and lovely am really proud of you 💕💓

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading this post, I was in deep reflection about myself. A lot of folks seeing me posting on my status, smiling, driving my car and they feel my life is perfect. Many constantly seeking help, seeking advice but not knowing I had my own troubles to manage. I am not one to publicise my issues, so you won't have an idea when something was wrong. However there were a few times I remember people just checking up on me and it was gold to me.
    Personally I just scroll through my phone book and call people I haven't heard from in a while. At other times, I love to chat very cheerful people up as I realize in some occasions they're going through something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Thank you for this amazing comment, we are all going through different things in life...we just need to be there for each other.🙌

      Delete
    2. Yeah sometimes all we want is a hug 🫂

      Delete
  3. Amazing sister ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interesting. Stay beautiful Dearie

    ReplyDelete
  5. U look so beautiful 😍 and adorable

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep it coming bunky
    Well done 👍👏

    ReplyDelete
  7. So truth.we really do not have to wait till someone is dying before we check on them.I had someone who did that for me while I was going through my own a lot and that did the magic for me. She brought me out of my dark place

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent, A little chat can go a long way. never let a true friend go, they are rare to find.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful write up, this is so true. Life happens to everyone of us. Best of the weekend ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Simple things in life!

Tales often told about women.

Welcome back message.