How to make chicken biryani

Hello everyoneπŸ’“,

For those of you who are unfamiliar with this meal(biryani), biryani is a mixed rice dish that was first created in Old Delhi (India). It is made with rice, Indian spices, and meat, such as beef, goat, fish, lamb, or chicken. some people add potatoes or eggs. The name of the biryani is determined by the sort of meat you choose to use; for example, if you choose to use goat meat, the dish is known as goat biryani, etc.


Those who know me well understand that I don't enjoy tasting new foods or simply eating things I've never tried before. But when I first arrived in the UAE a few years ago, chicken biryani was a typical dish that my husband enjoyed as it was served in most restaurants. So, as I was experimenting with different meals during the lockdown, I decided to try making it. To my greatest surprise, it turned out to be so delicious that we all decided to add it to the extensive list of meals the family enjoys.


Today I have decided to share my recipe since most of my friends are always asking for it.



Ingredients.

  1. Basmati Rice
  2. Chicken
  3. Biryani masala (bay leaf, nutmeg, black stone flower, mace, kapok buds, Caedmon, cinnamon, cloves, and fennel seeds.) I usually get all of this at the shop altogether in a pack.
  4. Ginger and garlic paste,
  5. Fried onion
  6. Yogurt 
  7. Ghee oil(or any cooking oil; NOT PALM OIL PLEASE)
  8. Salt
  9. Diced tomatoes 
  10. Seasoning spice
  11. Chili
  12. Pot
  13. Eggs(optional)
  14. Potatoes(optional)
  15. Curry
  16. Raisins(optional)

How to prepare


Step 1


Cut the chicken to the appropriate size, then marinate for about an hour with salt, yogurt, chili, ginger and garlic paste, seasoning, salt, fried onion, and diced tomatoes.


Step 2 


Peel and cut potatoes into smaller pieces if you decide to add them. Set the washed pot on the heater on a medium flame, let it dry, then add 2 teaspoons of ghee oil or any other type of cooking oil. Allow to heat for 1 to 2 minutes depending on the heat. If you don't want to add potatoes, add your biryani masala into the not-too-hot heated oil. After 1 minute, add the marinated chicken into the oil. Add more masala, 


Step 3


While waiting on our soup sauce, we take our rice(it’s preferable to soak rice for 20mins prior to cooking). Get a cooking pot and place it on the heater for it to dry up, add 2teaspoons of oil(in a low flame) allow to heat for 1 or 2mins, add a little quantity of biryani masala, then pour water up to the middle of the cooking pot, allow to boil and then add the washed rice, salt (desired quality)and let it cook in a moderate flame for 15 to 20mins. When that is ready put it in a sieve to drain out water. Add a half cup of water if necessary, cover the pan, and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes. 


Step 4


Our soup sauce ought to be prepared by now. Carefully pour the cooked rice into the sauce (we don't want the rice to be sticky, so we put a little and separate the molds with our spatula), then add the raisins(optional) On a low burner, add boiled eggs. wait for a few mins and stir gently


That's it, I'm sure some people add more spice, but this is how I always end up with the tastiest biryani ever!😏😏.

Best serve warm😍

Were are my Indian buddies? I hope our community was well represented?πŸ˜‰πŸ₯°


Do you want to try it out and include this on your family's menu? Please leave a comment(s) if you require further explanation; I would be happy to provide it. 

Comments

  1. Wow am up for new dish any time. Am interested πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck trying😁 and please let me knw if you need any assistance!

      Delete
  2. I heard it takes a lot of time and preparation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, not really, I think the most challenging part is dicing the tomatoes and frying the onion for me 🀣

      Delete
  3. We muveee. πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ» Straight up to the market then to the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow so yummy thanks πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this meal, india's favorite food

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmmm yummie. Greetings to you and yours darling

    ReplyDelete
  7. Only interested in trying new food at the restaurant 🀣🀣🀣 but this looks yum thou

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha I don't even do that at the restaurant!....oh yes it is yummy!

      Delete
  8. Yummy soo πŸ˜‹

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Simple things in life!

Tales often told about women.

Welcome back message.